Mothers Celeste Taylor, left, and Lisa Filice hold signs outside Mount Woodson Elementary School Wednesday morning after a sixth-grade boy stood across the street from the school holding a handwritten sign that began with, “I stole my father’s cell phone” before the start of school Monday and Tuesday. Seeing the boy standing there as part of apparent punishment meted by his parents disturbed students and adults, and several mothers shielded him Tuesday morning by standing in front of him as students arrived at school. The boy was not outside the school Wednesday morning. “Humiliation is not parenting” reads one of the signs.
- Words and pictures draw crowd to MCASD opening of two new exhibits http://www.lajollalight.com/news/2016/feb/04/mcasd/ community-press-farm
- Photos: St. Madeline Sophie Center has Tea by the Sea in La Jolla http://www.lajollalight.com/news/2016/feb/04/tea-by-the-sea/ community-press-farm
- Rant with Randi: 'The Sparkle Effect' http://www.delmartimes.net/news/2016/feb/05/sparkle-effect-school-disabilities/ community-press-farm
- Letter: Beautiful pedestrian path ruined by smell of urine http://www.encinitasadvocate.com/news/2016/feb/05/letter-editor-path-urine/ community-press-farm
- Poway’s past tied to water http://www.pomeradonews.com/news/2016/feb/05/poway-past-tied-history/ community-press-farm
- Ramona Rodeo Queen Contestants http://www.ramonasentinel.com/news/2016/feb/05/ramona-rodeo-queen-contestants/ community-press-farm
- Rant with Randi: 'The Sparkle Effect' http://www.ranchosantafereview.com/news/2016/feb/05/sparkle-effect-school-disabilities/ community-press-farm