Cal Fire/Ramona firefighters extinguish a 1.5-acre brush fire triggered by an escaped permitted burn pile behind 3337 Highway 67 on Sunday afternoon, Capt. Robert Ramirez reports. Six engines, one helicopter, and one hand crew responded to the 12:31 p.m. call. It took crews about 30 minutes to stop the forward progress of the fire, said Ramirez. Crews remained at the scene until 3:40 p.m. mopping up all hot spots.
- Youth Wrestling Club forms, practices start Oct. 20 http://www.lajollalight.com/news/2015/oct/09/youth-wrestling-club-forms-practices-start-oct-20/ community-press-farm
- La Jollan donates funds for parkway cleanup http://www.lajollalight.com/news/2015/oct/09/la-jollan-donates-funds-for-parkway-cleanup-2105/ community-press-farm
- 4th annual Bike 4 Mike set for Oct. 25 to fund research into ALS http://www.delmartimes.net/news/2015/oct/12/bike-4-mike-solana-beach/ community-press-farm
- Death Café offers cake, conversation Oct. 17 http://www.encinitasadvocate.com/news/2015/oct/11/death-cafe-del-mar/ community-press-farm
- Study: Poway is best city in county to raise a family http://www.pomeradonews.com/news/2015/oct/12/study-poway-best-city-raise-family/ community-press-farm
- Concert association opens season with Spanish harp ensemble http://www.ramonasentinel.com/news/2015/oct/12/concert-association-opens-season-with-spanish-harp/ community-press-farm
- Rancho Santa Fe student one of four area Pacific Ridge National Merit semifinalists http://www.ranchosantafereview.com/news/2015/oct/12/student-national-merit-scholarship/ community-press-farm