With help from her “Thanks for the Mammarys” breakfast crew, Joyce Ramage, center, raised $2,100 of the $2,300 she needs to participate in the Susan G. Komen for the Cure 3-Day Walk for breast cancer research and education. Her breakfast helpers are, from left, Beth Edwards, Jeff and Cherie Kirchenman, Stephen Pettit, her husband Richard, a cardboard cutout of the late Marilyn Monroe, and Marshall Blanco. Ramage chose a film star theme for her breakfast, which featured everything from fresh blueberry pancakes to champagne mimosas. This is the first year Ramage will walk in the fundraiser, slated for Nov. 16-18. A member of the Walkers 4 Life team, she will walk in memory of her son Connor Ramage, whose birthday was Nov. 17. Connor died of brain cancer on May 7, 2012. He was 18. Other teams are planning fundraising events, with the next slated for Ramona Beauty Supply and Salon, 620 Main St., from 6 to 8 p.m. on Friday, Sept. 14.
- Let Inga Tell You: I spy http://www.lajollalight.com/news/2016/feb/10/inga/ community-press-farm
- Purpose-Driven Pastime: Las Patronas marks 70 years of community giving http://www.lajollalight.com/news/2016/feb/10/las-patronas-celebrates-70-years-of-giving/ community-press-farm
- Torrey Pines students in Carmel Valley stand up to hate http://www.delmartimes.net/news/2016/feb/12/students-torrey-pines-leadership/ community-press-farm
- Letter: Will there be a lottery at SDA this year? http://www.encinitasadvocate.com/news/2016/feb/12/sda-lottery-letter-editor/ community-press-farm
- Free concert Saturday at Poway Library http://www.pomeradonews.com/news/2016/feb/12/free-concert-saturday-at-poway-library/ community-press-farm
- Head-on collision sends two Ramonans to hospital http://www.ramonasentinel.com/news/2016/feb/12/head-on-collision-sends-two-ramonans-to-hospital/ community-press-farm
- Torrey Pines students in Carmel Valley stand up to hate http://www.ranchosantafereview.com/news/2016/feb/12/students-torrey-pines-leadership/ community-press-farm