Five reasons why you can’t change…
Yep, you’re right, you can’t change your life.
Other people can do it — start a business, get a new job, develop a new idea.
All those other people know how to do things. They have special talents, knowledge, and skills that only the lucky have.
But not you, you tell yourself. You don’t have any of those skills or talents to help you do anything.
And because this is what we tell ourselves, here are a few reasons why you can’t:
- It’s too hard.
Yes it will be too hard to change something, so might as well not do it.
- You don’t know anything.
OK, never mind then.
- People will think you are crazy
- Yeah, don’t do it because of what others might think.
- You don’t know how to start
— no point in trying.
- You don’t have time.
True, you don’t get 24 hours like everyone else.
This is what we do. We believe all the negative things the voice in our head tells us. Then we act on what we say to ourselves.
But in the real world…
You are capable to do or be almost anything you want to be. So let’s look again at those five reasons why you can’t change your life.
It’s too hard
- Yes, change is sometimes hard. But how much value will you put into something that is easy to do or achieve? If it was easy to create a million-dollar business, everyone would do it.
You don’t know anything
- You actually know quite a bit. Now maybe what you know is not going to get that business started. But you can learn whatever it is you need to know — even rocket science, if you need to.
People will think you are crazy.
They might, but so what? Do you want to live your life doing or not doing something just because somebody might look at you sideways?
You don’t know how to start.
Well ask! There are a number of organizations like SCORE that can guide you and assist with launching that new business idea. Don’t wait and someday see the business you wanted to start opened on Main Street by someone else.
You don’t have time.
You have as much time as everyone else, a solid 24 hours. You have the choice to do with that time what you want. Sure we all have life responsibilities. But you can find ways to organize them and create the time you need.
So you see, you really can do just about anything you want if you want it bad enough. Once you know what it is you want, go find out and create the life you want.
Send comments to Ramona resident Steve Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org.