Ramona Library’s Summer Reading Club for children, teens, and adults kicks off with face painting, crafts and entertainment from Chunky Sanchez from 3 to 4:30 p.m. on Friday, June 15.
The club includes free events, activities, and prizes when reading goals for each age group are met. Signups and details about age categories and goals are at the library, 1275 Main St.
Summer Reading Club Events for Children
• Animal Magic with John Abrams, Thursday, June 21, 1 p.m.
• Interactive Storytelling with Stay Wein, Thursday, June 28, 1 p.m.
• Big with Science with Mad Science Dream, Thursday, July 5, 1 p.m.
• Swazzle Puppet Show, Thursday, July 12, 1 p.m.
• It’s Book Time with Ronald McDonald, Friday, July 13, 1 p.m. Photo opportunities with Ronald McDonald, too.
• Crafts with Ann Reilly, Thursday, July 19, 1 p.m.
• Wildlife Company, Thursday, July 26, 1 p.m.
• Magic and Bubble Show with Sparkles the Clown, Thursday, Aug. 2, 1 p.m.
Summer Reading Club Events for Teens
•T-shirt Making with Dale MacLeod, Tuesday, June 19, 5 p.m.
•Forensics & Crime Scene Investigation presented by Grossmont Community College, Tuesday, June 26, 5 p.m.
•Photo Fun & Film for Teens, Tuesday, July 3, 5 p.m.
•Songwriting Workshop, Tuesday, July 10, 5 p.m. Mary Dolan will help teens write a song and record it. Get a copy on CD, too.
•Scrapbooking with Julian Dunkailo, Tuesday, July 17, 5 p.m.
•Terrifying Tales of the Night, Tuesday, July 24, 5 p.m. Madame Linda will present her Theatrical Terrifying Tales of the Night.
•Henna Body Art with Natasha Popousek, Tuesday, July 31, 5 p.m.
Summer Reading Club Events for Adults/Teens
•Paper Marbling, adult painting workshop with artist/librarian Margo Smart, Friday, June 22, 1 p.m.
•Creating Star Kaleidoscopes, family craft with artist/librarian Margo Smart, Friday, June 29, 3 p.m.
•Art Workshops with Carol Ravy — “Watercolor Nightscapes” for Adults, Friday, July 20, 1 p.m.; Watercolor Paining: “Dreams” for Adults, Friday, July 27, 1 p.m.; Acrylic: “Fantasy Face Mask Making” for Adults/Teens, Friday, Aug. 3, 1 p.m.
More information is at the library, 760-788-5270.