Two Starbucks’ patrons ride their horses through the drive-through of the new Starbucks at Main and 13th streets during its Friends and Family soft opening on Thursday, Aug. 23. From 2 to 6 p.m., Starbucks offered each customer a free tall drink and a free pastry. The new coffeehouse officially opened on Friday, Aug. 24, and employs 22 people, most of them from Ramona. Below, Kelley Carpenter offers samples of Starbucks’ Very Berry Hibiscus Refreshers™ to customers at the Friends and Family event. Store manager Elizabeth Harlan, a Ramona resident, said 500 people visited during the four-hour event.
- Words and pictures draw crowd to MCASD opening of two new exhibits http://www.lajollalight.com/news/2016/feb/04/mcasd/ community-press-farm
- Photos: St. Madeline Sophie Center has Tea by the Sea in La Jolla http://www.lajollalight.com/news/2016/feb/04/tea-by-the-sea/ community-press-farm
- Westroot to bring casual dining to Pacific Highlands Ranch in Carmel Valley http://www.delmartimes.net/news/2016/feb/06/westroot-locations-san-diego/ community-press-farm
- Preschool celebrates 20 years in Encinitas http://www.encinitasadvocate.com/news/2016/feb/06/preschool-celebrates-20-years-in-encinitas/ community-press-farm
- Two arrested in Poway for suspected drunk driving http://www.pomeradonews.com/news/2016/feb/06/two-arrested-poway-drunk-driving/ community-press-farm
- Ramona Rodeo Queen Contestants http://www.ramonasentinel.com/news/2016/feb/05/ramona-rodeo-queen-contestants/ community-press-farm
- Don Diego Scholarship Foundation marks 30th anniversary http://www.ranchosantafereview.com/news/2016/feb/06/don-diego-scholarship-foundation/ community-press-farm