Toddler found in pool airlifted to hospital
Thursday, July 3—A 3-year-old drowning victim had a pulse and was breathing on his own but was unresponsive when he was transported by air to Rady Children’s Hospital this afternoon, Cal Fire Capt. Bert Ramirez with the Ramona Fire Department reports.
Ramona Fire Department and sheriff’s deputies responded to a report of a 3-year-old male drowning in a swimming pool at a residence in San Diego Country Estates today at 4:24 p.m., said Ramirez.
Units arrive to find an unresponsive 3-year-old with an adult relative performing CPR. The child was reported to be under water for two to three minutes and was found face down.
“At this time his status is unknown, but the next 24 hours are critical for his outcome,” noted Ramirez.
- Cyclist airlifted to hospital after accident in Country Estates
- Pedestrian struck by pickup airlifted to hospital
- Woman airlifted to hospital after SUV plows into house
- Children need 100 percent attention near swimming pool, county official says
- Child struck by vehicle transported to hospital with moderate injuries
Short URL: http://www.ramonasentinel.com/?p=34405