Ramona teen suspected of scores of graffiti crimes
Monday, June 30—An 18-year-old man suspected of taking part in scores of North County graffiti crimes was arrested at his home today.
Detectives took Jose Alexis Valadez of Ramona into custody in the 1900 block of La Brea Street about 8 a.m., according to sheriff’s officials.
“Valadez and other members of a tagging crew are responsible for vandalism in the community of Ramona and (elsewhere in) San Diego County,” Sgt. John Boyce said.
The group allegedly has committed at least 134 acts of graffiti, causing a total of roughly $44,000 in damages, the sergeant said.
Valadez was being held in San Diego Central Jail pending arraignment, scheduled for Wednesday afternoon. According to the sheriff’s website, bail is $45,000.
- Sheriff’s Crime Prevention Corner: Join the Ramona Graffiti ‘Krew’
- Sheriff’s Ramona advisory group gets updates on crimes, touts need for teen activities
- Graffiti Tracker helps detectives nab three felony vandalism suspects
- Ramona man, 69, suspected of child molestation
- Carjacking in Ramona leads to arrest of San Diego man
Short URL: http://www.ramonasentinel.com/?p=34289