Pony Baseball tournament draws 56 teams
Ramona Pony baseball held its 32nd annual RBI Tournament May 23-26, drawing 56 teams, over 115 campers and more than 10 vendors.
The invitational was held at the Pony Baseball fields at Ramona Community Park where many visiting families parked their RVs and campers for the four-day event, some with premium views of the fields.
Many families set up canopies outside the fields where they relaxed in the shade and picnicked. Pony baseball volunteers kept busy cooking in the snack shack. A home run derby was held Saturday night and families watched an outdoor movie — “The Sandlot” — on Sunday night.
Championship games were held on Monday, Memorial Day, with the following teams winning:
14U Ramona Red
13U SD Storm
9U Carlsbad Crushers
8U North City 8’s
In addition to 14U Ramona Red winning a championship, the Ramona 8U and 10U teams competed in the championship games, achieving runner-up status.
- Pony Baseball offers spring ball signups Nov. 24
- Ramona Pony Baseball invites community to March 2 opening day ceremonies
- Pony Baseball begins signups for spring ball
- Pony Baseball to hold signups for spring ball Sunday
- Two Ramona Pony all-star teams advance to Super Regionals
Short URL: http://www.ramonasentinel.com/?p=33616