Water district plans evening budget presentation
To give residents who cannot attend an afternoon meeting an opportunity to learn more about Ramona Municipal Water District’s 2014-15 budget, a public presentation will be held Monday evening, June 23, the night before the water board is scheduled to adopt new rates.
The budget presentation by staff will be held at 7 p.m. in Ramona Community Center, 434 Aqua Lane. A public hearing on the proposed water and sewer rates will be held at the board meeting the next day, June 24, at 2 p.m. in the community center.
The district is proposing not-to-exceed water and sewer rate increases of 6 percent.
Director George Foote requested the evening meeting, which will be informational only. There will be no board action, and board members are not required to attend.
Members of the public will be encouraged to ask questions or speak at the informational meeting, said RMWD General Manager David Barnum.
Director Joe Zenovic requested staff take attendance to see how many residents attend an evening meeting, and to inform the board of overtime costs.
- Water board sets budget calendar for upcoming fiscal year
- $32 million district budget calls for 3% hike for water, 4.5% for sewer
- Water Authority to give presentation on desal water at Tuesday’s RMWD meeting
- Ramona district weighs rate hikes of 7% for water, 4.5% for sewer
- Ramona water district to hold public rates hearing Tuesday
Short URL: http://www.ramonasentinel.com/?p=33123