Repairman suspected of home burglaries arrested in Ramona
The sheriff’s department is investigating a North County repairman who was arrested in Ramona, suspected of burglarizing homes during jobs, and is asking anyone who hired him and may have been victimized to contact law enforcement.
Carlos Barajas, 31, of RB Remodeling, was taken into custody in Ramona on April 9 on suspicion of check fraud and burglary charges, according to reports.
The investigation surrounding Barajas began in March when a Vista woman reported a crime about her checks being fraudulently cashed and a missing ring, said the sheriff’s department. The victim told deputies that RB Remodeling had made water damage repairs in her home in February, authorities said.
Anyone who has filed a crime report and has had remodeling work done by Barajas or RB Remodeling is asked to contact Detective Byron Barrios at 760-940-4600.
- Man arrested, suspected of arson in Lakeside area
- Ramona man suspected of starting brush fire near Salton Sea
- Hot prowl burglaries continue while occupants sleep
- Detective warns public of hot prowl burglaries
- Ramona crime continues to drop as arrests increase
Short URL: http://www.ramonasentinel.com/?p=32787