No injuries reported in airplane accident at Ramona Airport
Tuesday, Feb. 25—An airplane ran off the runway during landing at Ramona Airport this morning, but no injuries were reported, said a sergeant at the sheriff’s Ramona station.
The accident, which occurred around 10:30 a.m. Tuesday, involved a single-engine fixed-wing aircraft, Sgt. John Boyce reported.
Ramona Airport was temporarily closed while the Federal Aviation Administration was notified, he said, adding that FAA will be handling any necessary follow-up investigation into the cause of the incident.
- Pilots suffer minor injuries in experimental airplane mishaps in Ramona, Valley Center on Sunday
- County supervisors support bills to halt Ramona Airport control tower closure
- Ramona Airport tower funding secure through October
- Ramona Airport control tower set to close April 7, announces FAA
- FAA allows Ramona Airport tower to remain open until Sept. 30
Short URL: http://www.ramonasentinel.com/?p=31594