Training makes area safer for residents, says sheriff’s lieutenant
Lt. Hank Turner of the sheriff’s Ramona station presents a Crime Free Multi-Housing certificate to Mary Meurs, manager of Ramona Village Apartments at Seventh and A streets. The certification allows apartment complexes to evict renters who have been arrested for crimes, making the area safer for residents, said Turner. To achieve the certification, Meurs attended training through the sheriff’s department. Turner said Ramona Village Apartments is the first complex on A Street to receive the certification, adding that he is focusing the program on A and B streets, considered the highest crime area in Ramona.
- Apartments become certified in Crime Free Multi-Housing
- Sheriff’s Ramona substation has new lieutenant
- Residents asked to give opinions on Sheriff’s department and crime
- New commander takes post at sheriff’s Ramona station
- Residents focus on drug-related crimes at sheriff’s meeting
Short URL: http://www.ramonasentinel.com/?p=31493