Desert Safari set for Ocotillo Wells SVRA
The 52nd Annual Desert Safari, a family-friendly off-road event, will be held Feb. 28 to March 2 in the Truckhaven Hills area of the North Ocotillo Wells State Vehicular Recreation Area near Borrego Springs. Hosted by Tierra Del Sol, a nonprofit club that uses portions of the proceeds to fight land closures and to keep trails open, the event draws people from the Ramona area as well as across the country and other countries.
Desert Safari attracts around 10,000 people, said Wayne Miller of Miller Off-Road Products in Ramona.
“We have a huge vendor area,” noted Miller. We have about 100 on-site.”
Vendors include Ramona businesses, off-road companies and food, he said.
Among activities are trail rides, opportunity drawings and a fireworks show.
Information on event registration, safety requirements and campsites is available at www.tds4x4.com/2013-desert-safari.
- Judge’s decision encourages off-roaders; Ocotillo Wells SVRA topic of Saturday workshop
- Lawsuit threatens off-road open riding in desert
- Wildflower blooms popping up in desert
- Police report fatality on SR-78 near Safari Park
- Desert earthquake shakes Ramona
Short URL: http://www.ramonasentinel.com/?p=31479