A kiss for peace
Ramona Community School Principal Kathryn Gunderson makes good on a promise to the school’s Peace Club when she kisses Piper in front of students, employees and parents before classes start.
She also kissed Piper’s twin, Pretzel. The three wore red lipstick for the event.
Peace Club members met their Great Kindness Challenge, earning official Kindness Certification, when each completed 30 acts of kindness such as offering a smile, helping someone clean up, writing a thank you note and bringing flowers to a staff member. The Gill family provided the twin goats.
What is it kissing a goat like? “The goats were calmer about kissing a human than I was about kissing a goat,” the principal said, adding, “Anything for world peace!”
- Pennies for Peace project crosses Ramona school lines
- When goats need a shave, 4-H’ers go to work
- Pennies for Peace: Replacing violence with literacy
- OPMS to present Rachel’s Challenge for parents, community on Oct. 19
- County warns of telephone scam with man posing as peace officer
Short URL: http://www.ramonasentinel.com/?p=31456