Arraignment Aug. 19 for pursuit suspect
A 40-year-old woman was in custody today on suspicion of leading deputies on a brief pursuit in Ramona, ending in her arrest for alleged drug possession, authorities said.
Charlyn Maccini was arrested late Thursday afternoon on suspicion of being under the influence of a controlled substance, misdemeanor evasion and for possession of methamphetamine and hashish oil, according to San Diego County sheriff’s Lt. Hank Turner.
Around 3:30 p.m., a deputy attempted to pull Maccini over at state Route 78 and Olive Street, suspecting she may have been involved in an attempted residential burglary, the lieutenant said in a statement.
Maccini allegedly refused to yield to the deputy, triggering a three-minute pursuit that ended in her arrest in the 2000 block of Pine Street.
“Additional charges are pending,” Turner said without elaboration.
She is scheduled to be arraigned in El Cajon on Feb. 19, according to the sheriff’s website.
—City News Service
- Arraignment Tuesday for identity theft suspects
- Armed robbery suspect to stand trial on 12 counts
- Man, 19, faces arraignment for allegedly biting officer
- Robbery suspect to stand trial on 12 counts
- Suspect, 17, arrested in Country Estates burglary, stabbing
Short URL: http://www.ramonasentinel.com/?p=31292