Forest Service conducts prescribed burn in Black Canyon area
Friday, Feb. 7 — The Cleveland National Forest Palomar Ranger District is conducting a prescribed burn in the Black Canyon area in the northeast portion of Ramona to reduce fuels in the event of a wildfire.
A spokesperson for the forest service said the burn will be handled day by day, depending on the weather.
The Palomar Ranger District began conducting prescribed fire activity in November and will continue through June, as weather and fuel conditions permit, near San Diego Country Estates, Ramona, Santa Ysabel, Julian, Warner Springs and Palomar Mountain.
- Forest service conducts controlled burn on side of Palomar Mountain
- Smoke from prescribed burn may be visible in area
- Cal Fire plans prescribed burn near Jamul
- Smoke in air may be prescribed burn in Cuyamaca area
- Forest services announces closures of recreational areas
Short URL: http://www.ramonasentinel.com/?p=31048