Cleveland National Forest sends engines to wildfire in Angeles National Forest north of Glendora
Thursday, Jan. 16—Cleveland National Forest has sent seven engines — two single engines and a strike team of five engines and a strike team leader — to support the Colby fire that started on the Angeles National Forest at approximately 5:50 this morning.
The forest service may send additional personnel to the Colby Fire but said it will continue to maintain adequate coverage in the event that any fires occur on the forest. The Cleveland National Forest abuts the eastern edge of Ramona.
- Cleveland National Forest sets fire restrictions at ‘elevated’
- Public can learn about volunteer opportunities in national forest
- Utility to pay federal government $6.4 million for 2007 wildfire damages
- Forest service conducts controlled burn on side of Palomar Mountain
- Public can comment Tuesday in Ramona on plan to close more national forest to off-roaders
Short URL: http://www.ramonasentinel.com/?p=30435