Counselor helps teens deal with death of student, 17
A counselor was at Montecito High School Monday, the first day after the school district’s two-week winter break, to help students deal with the death of a fellow student, a school representative said.
A 17-year-old girl suffered head trauma and lacerations to her body after she broke through a second-story single-pane glass window of an apartment building and landed head first on concrete in the 900 block of B Street at 3:23 a.m. Jan. 1, reported the Ramona Fire Department/Cal Fire.
Apparatus Engineer/Paramedic Shawn Warcup said she was unresponsive and unconscious when medics from Stations 81 and 82 arrived. Her vitals were stabilized but she had swelling in her head, he said. She was airlifted to Palomar Medical Center where she died.
- Ramona VFW honors firefighter/paramedic
- Early morning fire guts residence on Mussey Grade
- Two injured in two separate accidents in the rain
- Ramona High student collapses, airlifted to Palomar
- Babysitter charged in infant’s death turns 20 in jail
Short URL: http://www.ramonasentinel.com/?p=30238