Court hearing today for Valley Center woman accused in Ramona burglaries
Wednesday, Jan. 8—A preliminary hearing was scheduled for today for a Valley Center woman accused of committing 21 burglaries across North County, including in Ramona.
Gabriela Vergara, 35, is charged with possession of stolen goods and other crimes. According to the San Diego County Sheriff’s Department, the goods came from numerous home and vehicle break-ins in Ramona, Poway, San Marcos, Escondido, Fallbrook, Vista, Encinitas and Orange County.
A judge will decide at the end of the preliminary hearing whether there’s enough evidence to order Vergara to stand trial.
Vergara was arrested at her home on Vesper Road on Oct. 30. Authorities said the stolen goods were recovered from her home.
—City News Service
- Hearing today for fired hospital worker accused of threatening to kill co-workers
- Preliminary hearing today for man accused in head-on fatality
- Second man arraigned in hot prowl burglaries
- Hearing postponed for former hospital employee accused of threatening to kill co-workers
- Preliminary hearing today for hatchet-wielding suspect
Short URL: http://www.ramonasentinel.com/?p=30200