Ramona man arrested in Route 67 road rage accident
A 50-year-old Ramona man was arrested in El Cajon on Saturday on a charge of reckless driving in connection with an Oct. 26 injury accident that occurred on Route 67 north of Poway Road.
San Diego County sheriff’s Deputy Aaron Meleen said Sunday that a felony warrant was issued on Nov. 19 for Douglas Lane and that Lane was arrested for the warrant on Saturday. He was booked and was being held in lieu of $500,000 bail.
Investigators said that road rage on the part of Lane was a factor in the accident, which occurred as two vehicles were involved in a right-of-way dispute as the two lanes of Route 67 merge into one. The pickup truck Lane was driving allegedly hit the right side of a northbound sedan as Lane tried to squeeze in from the right, according to the report. The truck then veered into the bike lane on the right side of the road, and hit the bicyclist, the sheriff’s deputy said.
The bicyclist was taken to Palomar Medical Center and treated for severe injuries, Meleen said.
Investigators later determined that Lane had been driving the truck, Meleen said.
- Drivers vying for right of way on SR-67 send bicyclist to hospital with severe injuries
- Minor injuries reported in vehicle hits tree accident on San Vicente Road
- Accident triggers road closure
- Judge orders trial for Lakeside man charged with causing fatal accident on San Vicente Road
- Ramona man, 74, killed in head-on collision on San Vicente Road
Short URL: http://www.ramonasentinel.com/?p=30153