Ramona woman seriously injured in Wildcat Canyon Road collision
Thursday, Dec. 26—A 51-year-old Ramona woman was seriously injured in a collision near Barona today when she passed another vehicle and slammed into a pickup truck, authorities said.
The driver of a northbound 2000 Mitsubishi Galant had just passed another vehicle over the two solid yellow lines on Wildcat Canyon Road, just north of Featherstone Canyon Road, and lost control shortly before 7 a.m., according to the California Highway Patrol Officer Kevin Pearlstein.
The woman swerved and the front of the southbound 2008 Chevrolet pickup truck driven by a 55-year-old Ramona man struck the passenger side of the Mitsubishi, Pearlstein said.
The woman was taken to Sharp Memorial Hospital, he said. The truck’s driver complained of back pain but was not taken to a hospital, he said.
The road was temporarily closed to accommodate the investigation.
—City News Service
- Florida man killed in head-on collision on Wildcat Canyon Road south of San Vicente
- Driver reading email triggers collision
- Ramona man, 74, killed in head-on collision on San Vicente Road
- Woman, 18, killed in single-vehicle crash on San Vicente Road
- Driver slams into Canyon Crest apartment, woman injured
Short URL: http://www.ramonasentinel.com/?p=29919