End-of-autumn storm drops 0.71 of an inch of rain in Ramona
An end-of-autumn storm dropped 0.71 of an inch of rain in Ramona on Thursday, dusting areas east of town with snow, officials report.
Over a 24-hour period ending at 5:20 p.m., the dark clouds delivered 0.87 of an inch of precipitation on Mount Woodson, 0.76 on Otay Mountain, 0.72 in Pine Hills, 0.63 in Julian, 0.61 in Barona, 0.58 in Santa Ysabel, 0.54 in Poway, and 0.5 in the Granite Hills area of El Cajon, the National Weather Service reported.
By early evening, snow had fallen in East County locales as low as 4,500 feet, with most of those areas getting up to several inches of frozen white flakes, according to the county Department of Public Works.
Dry conditions and gradual warming are expected to begin Saturday, the first day of winter.
- Cold storm douses region with rain, hail, snow
- Rain starts, winter storm warning issued
- Storm brings rain, snow to region
- Pacific storm to bring rain and snow to county, say forecasters
- Pacific storm to bring rain to Ramona and backcountry
Short URL: http://www.ramonasentinel.com/?p=29784