Caltrans to drivers: Watch for rural highway work
Caltrans advises motorists to be alert for the landscaping work that is taking place on several rural highways through Monday, Dec. 22, as crews prepare for the next fire season.
Moving lane closures will take place intermittently on state routes 76, 78, 79, 94 and 188 in both directions daily from 8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Route 78 work will be from 10th and Main in Ramona east toward Julian about 25 miles.
Work will move onto highway shoulders where possible to minimize traffic impacts. Drivers may experience minor delays in the work zones and are advised to plan accordingly.
Motorists are reminded to slow down and safely move over a lane when Caltrans or other emergency vehicles are displaying flashing amber lights. It’s the law.
Follow @SDCaltrans on Twitter for information about traffic and transportation in the region — tweets weekdays from 5 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Caltrans shifts to one-way traffic control for SR-78 work
- SDG&E expects to finish trench work on San Vicente Road next month
- Caltrans to close Route 67 for interchange work tonight
- Caltrans to work on SR67/Dye intersection
- Caltrans changes SR-78 closure schedule; road open Thursday through Sunday
Short URL: http://www.ramonasentinel.com/?p=29646