Agency issues red flag wildfire warning for weekend
Friday, Dec. 13—Forecasts calling for stiff winds and extra-low humidity across the San Diego area this weekend prompted the National Weather Service today to issue a “red flag” wildfire warning, effective from noon Saturday to 6 p.m. Sunday.
During that period, critical brush-fire risks will prevail due to sustained winds of 15 to 30 mph around the region, with gusts up to 65 mph in some locales, and daytime air-moisture levels dipping to about 10 percent, according to the federal agency.
The conditions are expected to begin improving Sunday evening, though stronger-than-usual winds and dry atmospheric conditions will continue Monday, NWS officials said.
- Weather service issues red flag wildfire warning
- Weather service upgrades warning to ‘red flag’
- Agency calls for fire weather watch this weekend
- Weather service issues high wind warning
- Red flag fire warning in effect through Sunday, 6 p.m.
Short URL: http://www.ramonasentinel.com/?p=29659