Horseback patrols are part of sheriff’s Holiday Watch program
Horseback patrols of Ramona’s main shopping center parking lots and surrounding areas are part of the San Diego County Sheriff’s Department Holiday Watch program that started last week and will continue through the start of the New Year.
Deputies and volunteers patrol shopping centers and are out in force searching for suspected drunken drivers throughout the Christmas season.
The extra patrols are part of the department’s annual Holiday Watch program.
“Criminals do not take the holidays off and neither will our deputies,” San Diego County Sheriff Bill Gore said.
Sheriff’s officials said additional patrols were planned around parking lots, transit stops and other hot spots for criminal activity. Undercover operations are also planned to support uniformed patrols.
Sheriff’s deputies also are scheduled to work with the county probation and state parole departments to identify those who may be in violation of the terms of their release or sentence.
- Horseback patrols are part of sheriff’s Holiday Watch program in Ramona
- Sheriff’s Holiday Watch program starts
- Sheriff’s Holiday Watch program started Friday
- Authorities call for extra vigilance during holiday season
- Holiday crackdown continues through New Year’s weekend, sheriff reports
Short URL: http://www.ramonasentinel.com/?p=29398