Two injured in collision east of Julian
A motorcyclist from Canada and a Borrego Springs woman were injured in a collision on state Route 78 east of Julian around 11:20 a.m. Nov. 21, reported California Highway Patrol.
According to reports, the male motorcyclist, driving a 2006 Harley Davidson, was eastbound on SR-78, east of San Felipe Road, when he entered a curve in the road, traveling approximately 35 to 40 mph. At the same time, the female driver of a 2002 Saturn SL1 was westbound on SR-78, entering the same curve from the opposite direction, said CHP Officer Kevin Pearlstein.
For an unknown reason, the motorcycle crossed the double yellow lines, overturned, and collided into the Saturn, Pearlstein said. The motorcycle rider suffered a broken ankle and laceration to his face, and the driver of the Saturn complained of pain to her chest, the report stated. Both were transported to Palomar Medical Center by ambulance.
- CHP reports fatality on SR-78 east of Ramona
- Motorcyclist killed in Route 79 head-on
- Marine dies in motorcycle accident near Palomar Mountain
- Elderly driver injured when vehicle strikes traffic signal pole
- Man, 83, dies in SR-78 accident east of Old Julian Highway
Short URL: http://www.ramonasentinel.com/?p=29053