Ramona VFW honors firefighter/paramedic
The VFW honored Warcup for his actions on June 26, 2013, during a structure fire with an explosion on Ashley Road. Lifetime VFW member Carroll Harris suffered burns as a result of the fire that evening.
Warcup acted quickly in treating and preparing Mr. Harris for air transport to the burn center. Although Mr. Harris eventually died of his injuries, the Ramona VFW Post recognized what it called Warcup’s undaunted efforts by donating $300 to the San Diego Burn Institute in honor of Mr. Harris.
- Cigarette believed to have caused fire, explosion on Ashley Road
- Cuyamaca controlled burn due to end Friday, state parks reports
- San Felipe fire 90 percent contained, Cal Fire reports
- Cal Fire targets 35 acres near Jacumba for controlled burn
- Smoke from brush clearing may be visible in Ramona region
Short URL: http://www.ramonasentinel.com/?p=28974