Komen 60-mile three-day walk begins
Friday, Nov. 15—The annual Komen San Diego Three-Day Walk begins this morning to raise money to fight breast cancer.
The trek will cover 60 miles, beginning at the Del Mar Fairgrounds and ending with a celebration Sunday afternoon at Petco Park.
Special cheering stations will be set up along the route to urge the walkers on. The first-day will take walkers down Camino del Mar, to the Scripps Institution of Oceanography and into Pacific Beach.
Walkers are required to raise at least $2,300 to participate. Organizers say the walkers usually raise an average of around $3,000.
The walk is the second major event for Susan G. Komen for the Cure this month in San Diego. Around 14,000 people took part in the 17th annual Race for the Cure 5K on Nov. 3.
- Ramonans start 3-day, 60-mile walk
- Fundraising begins for Susan G. Komen 3-Day Walk
- RE/MAX agent home sales aid Susan G. Komen for the Cure®
- Preparing for 60-mile 3-Day for the Cure walk
- Congregational Church spearheads CROP Walk
Short URL: http://www.ramonasentinel.com/?p=28876