Four Marines killed in Camp Pendleton accident
Wednesday, Nov. 13—Four U.S. Marines died today in an accident at Camp Pendleton, according to base officials.
The fatalities occurred about 11 a.m. during a maintenance operation at the USMC base north of Oceanside, military authorities said.
The victims’ names will be announced 24 hours after next of kin notification.
“We offer our heartfelt prayers and condolences to the families of the Marines lost today in this tragic accident,” said Brig. Gen. John W. Bullard, Commanding General, Marine Corps Installations West — Marine Corps Base Camp Pendleton. “Our first priority is to provide the families with the support they need during this difficult time,”
The cause of the accident is under investigation.
- Full containment of Camp Pendleton fire expected by 6 p.m. tomorrow
- Camp Pendleton 1,500-acre brush fire 15 percent contained
- Smoke visible from Camp Pendleton fire
- Loud booms expected from Marine exercises, Pendleton officials say
- Camp Pendleton wildfire 70 percent contained
Short URL: http://www.ramonasentinel.com/?p=28835