Permitted burn triggers 1.5-acre fire Sunday afternoon
Cal Fire/Ramona firefighters extinguish a 1.5-acre brush fire triggered by an escaped permitted burn pile behind 3337 Highway 67 on Sunday afternoon, Capt. Robert Ramirez reports. Six engines, one helicopter, and one hand crew responded to the 12:31 p.m. call. It took crews about 30 minutes to stop the forward progress of the fire, said Ramirez. Crews remained at the scene until 3:40 p.m. mopping up all hot spots.
- Firefighters battle wildfire near Ramona as bales of hay burn off Dye Road
- Vehicle fire triggers one-acre brush fire in Santa Ysabel
- Firefighters make quick work of grass fire in Ramona
- 64-acre brush fire threatens homes
- Cal Fire stops spread of 20-acre brush fire in Witch Creek area
Short URL: http://www.ramonasentinel.com/?p=28394