Firefighters responding to vegetation fire near Tulloch Ranch
Final update: Crews halted the spread of that roughly three-acre grass fire off state Route 78, near Deer Canyon Drive in Santa Ysabel, according to Cal Fire.
The blaze burned in an open area with no structures nearby and caused no reported injuries.
Update: Crews are working to extinguish a roughly three-acre brush fire off state Route 78, near Deer Canyon Drive in Santa Ysabel, according to Cal Fire and the California Highway Patrol. There are no immediate reports of structural threats.
Update: Air and ground crews are fighting the fire, which is about two acres with medium spread, reports Cal Fire/Ramona Capt. Bert Ramirez.
The fire is past Golden Eagle Ranch off Highway 78. The nearest cross street is Deer Canyon Road, said Ramirez.
Original report: Firefighting crews are being called to a vegetation fire near the Tulloch Ranch at 28383 Highway 78 near Highway 79.
The call came at 12:42 p.m. Tuesday.
- Firefighters extinguish 15-acre grass fire in Witch Creek area east of Ramona
- Firefighters stop spread of 10-acre brush fire near Dulzura
- Firefighters quickly extinguish vegetation fire
- Chariot Fire threatens homes
- Fire crews fighting brush fire off Wildcat/Barona roads
Short URL: http://www.ramonasentinel.com/?p=27909