Body found on Barona reservation near Ramona may be missing Serra Mesa woman
Thursday, Oct. 3—An autopsy was scheduled today to determine whether a body found on the Barona Indian Reservation near Ramona was that of a missing Serra Mesa woman, authorities said.
The body was found in the vicinity of San Vicente Oaks Road and Wildcat Canyon Road about 3:15 p.m. Wednesday, according to San Diego County sheriff’s Lt. Clayton Lisk.
San Diego police detectives responded to investigate if the remains are those of 79-year-old Mehria Mansury, who disappeared the morning of Sept. 24 after leaving her home in the 2800 block of Amulet Street.
Teams had spent several days hiking through overgrown open areas in and around Mansury’s neighborhood near Qualcomm Stadium as they search for the woman, who is described as Middle Eastern, 5 feet 1, around 140 pounds, with brown hair and brown eyes.
Mansury lives with her 42-year-old daughter, who was escorted from the family home for questioning Wednesday night after police served a search warrant at the residence.
—City News Service
- Hikers find woman’s body on Clevenger Canyon Trail
- Body found off Wildcat Canyon Road in Lakeside, reports sheriff’s official
- Woman killed in accident near Barona Casino
- Woman finds body on Woodson trail
- Medical examiner releases name of Ramona woman killed in San Vicente Road crash
Short URL: http://www.ramonasentinel.com/?p=27787