Forest services announces closures of recreational areas
Recreational areas in the Cleveland National Forest, part of the U.S. Forest Service, are temporarily closed due to the lapse in funding as a result of the federal government shutdown.
The following areas are closed:
Palomar Ranger District
•San Diego River Gorge Trailhead
•Oak Grove Campground
•Inaja Picnic Area
•Dripping Springs Trailhead
•Dripping Springs Campground
•Indian Flats Campground
•Fry Creek Campground
•San Luis Rey Picnic Area
•Kika Mik Overlook
Trabuco Ranger District •Blue Jay Campground
•California Wildland Firefighter Memorial
•El Cariso Campground
•El Cariso South Picnic Area
•Wildomar Staging Area
These locations will remain open, but restrooms and/or water wells will be closed:
•San Juan Loop Trailhead
•Hot Springs Trailhead
Descanso Ranger District
•All developed recreation sites will be closed due to furlough.
•No facilities or recreation amenities will be provided during this time.
•All of the Corral Canyon OHV area will be closed during the furlough.
For information on the forest service shutdown procedures, visit www.usda.gov.
- End of school year marks the start of recreation season
- Cleveland National Forest sets fire restrictions at ‘elevated’
- Agencies work with forest service to get water to trailhead
- Forest service opens access to Cedar Creek Falls near Julian
- County sues forest service over scheduled Cedar Creek reopening
Short URL: http://www.ramonasentinel.com/?p=27752