Internet Crimes Against Children Task Force conducts investigation in Ramona
Friday, Sept. 20—Members of the San Diego Internet Crimes Against Children Task Force are conducting an investigation this morning on A Street between Sixth and Seventh streets.
According to James Hoefer with the task force, they are conducting a search warrant, looking for evidence as part of a criminal investigation.
The task force, run by the San Diego Police Department, consists of county, state and federal law enforcement, Hoefer said.
More information about the task force is at sdicac.org/. According to the website, the Internet Crimes Against Children (ICAC) Task Force Program was created to help local, state and federal law enforcement agencies enhance their investigative response to offenders who use the Internet and other online communication systems to sexually exploit children.
- Supervisors approve some task force ideas, reject others
- Task force apprehensive over medical marijuana
- Violent and property crimes in Ramona drop in first half of 2013, report shows
- Ramona man suspected of receiving child porn
- County task force targets community planning groups
Short URL: http://www.ramonasentinel.com/?p=27385