Military bases in region maintain routine security measures after fatal shootings at D.C. Navy yard

Monday, Sept. 16—No security changes were immediately made at military bases around San Diego County following today’s fatal shootings at a Navy yard in Washington, D.C.

“Right now, we’re maintaining our current force protection profile,” said Petty Officer 1st Class Bill Larned, of Navy Region Southwest, which operates bases in San Diego.

Larned told City News Service that members of the public who have to go to a Navy base can expect normal security procedures.

Marine Cpl. Michael Iams told CNS that no security changes had been made at Camp Pendleton, either.

The shootings at the Washington Navy Yard, the headquarters of the Navy Sea Systems Command, killed at least a dozen people, according to D.C. Mayor Vincent Gray and Metropolitan Police Chief Cathy Lanier.

One gunman was reported dead at the scene, and authorities were checking to see if any other gunmen remained at large.

Related posts:

  1. Sebastiaan Overdevest completes Navy basics
  2. Ellison completes Navy basics
  3. Anderson’s Safe Classrooms Act calls for one-time money for school security
  4. Three killed in holiday accidents in region, reports CHP
  5. Rock’n’Roll Marathon organizers plan beefed-up security

Short URL: http://www.ramonasentinel.com/?p=27274

Posted by Staff on Sep 16 2013. Filed under News, Ramona. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can skip to the end and leave a response. Pinging is currently not allowed.

Leave a Reply

Facebook

);