Yom Kippur, Jewish Day of Atonement, begins Friday evening
The occurrence of the Jewish Holy Days varies from year to year because they are based on a lunar calendar. This year Yom Kippur (Day of Atonement) begins at 8 p.m. on Friday, Sept. 13.
In Ramona, Kol Nidre and Yom Kippur services will be held in the Rotunda of San Diego Country Estates, 16911 Gunn Stage Road. Rabbi Leslie Bergson and Cantor Mary Baron conduct all services.
On Saturday, Sept. 14, opening prayers start at 10 a.m. Memorial services will be read at about 11 a.m. There will be a Break-the-Fast potluck supper at sundown after the close of services.
All are welcome to attend. There is no charge. The entrance fee is a sack of non-perishable food, which will be donated to The Ramona Food and Clothes Closet.
For more information, call Diana Levin, the congregation president, at 760-789-2781.
- Congregation Etz Chaim to observe Yom Kippur Oct. 7
- Congregation Etz Chaim to observe Rosh Hashanah, Yom Kippur
- Brush clearing set for Miramar Friday evening
- Man, 21, faces DUI charge in Thursday evening crash
- Jewish congregation to celebrate Purim
Short URL: http://www.ramonasentinel.com/?p=27168