Student artwork on display at Ramona Elementary’s Back to School Night
In addition to meeting the new principal and their children’s teachers, parents will have the opportunity to view artwork by fourth- and fifth-graders at Ramona Elementary’s Back to School Night at 6:30 p.m. on Wednesday, Sept. 11. A PTA meeting will begin at 6.
The artwork is the result of a $4,750 grant from the Ramona Community Foundation and funding from Qualcomm, said Judy Berman Silbert, ArtReach executive director.
ArtReach, a visual art education program that takes artists to elementary schools throughout San Diego County, provided eight free workshops to RE fourth- and fifth-graders last year.
“They made some amazing original art,” reports Silbert, adding that the art will be on display during Back to School Night. All are welcome to view the students’ artwork.
Daniel Paquette, RE’s new principal, will be at the event meeting and talking with parents and other Ramonans. He replaces Phyllis Munoz, who retired in June.
More information about Back to School Night is at 760-788-5060.
- Ramona Elementary Principal Phyllis Munoz to retire at end of school year
- Ramona Elementary principal earns regional award
- State honors Ramona Elementary as a Title 1 Academic Achievement School
- Mt. Woodson Elementary student tests positive for whooping cough
- School district schedules Spring Open House dates
Short URL: http://www.ramonasentinel.com/?p=27024