Museum open weekends in September
Ramona’s Guy B. Woodward Museum, traditionally closed in September, will be open Saturdays and Sundays from 1 to 4 p.m. this September, said Ken Woodward, museum director.
The public is invited to visit the museum and grounds at 645 Main St. Built in the French provincial style, the 1886 Verlaque House is the centerpiece of the museum.
Ramona Pioneer Historical Society officers are: Judy Nachazel, president; Mischa Dobrotin, vice president; Doug Stubbs, secretary; Charlotte Hunsberger, treasurer; Bert Byrne, publicity; Arline Bartick, historian; Myra Arrendale, hospitality/newsletter; Ken Woodward, museum director; and Alice Funk, operations director.
The millinery shop has been painted, and Woodward has completed cataloging the museum’s extensive archives, reports Byrne. The museum office is closed this month and will reopen in October. Messages left at the office, 760-789-7644, will be returned, noted Nachazel.
- Museum closes in September for annual cleaning, exhibit changes
- Woodward Museum takes ‘time out’ before busy season starts
- Musuem closes for month, plans 2009-10 season
- Museum reopens for 2008-09
- Ranger Doug to talk about firearm safety at museum potluck
Short URL: http://www.ramonasentinel.com/?p=26874