Woman, 18, killed in single-vehicle crash on San Vicente Road
Friday, Aug. 23—An investigation was under way today into a solo-vehicle crash in Ramona that claimed the life of an 18-year-old woman.
The fatality on San Vicente Road west of Wildcat Canyon Road occurred about 9:30 p.m. Thursday, according to California Highway Patrol.
The woman was driving a westbound 2004 Hyundai about 65 miles per hour around a curve in the road when she suddenly lost control, CHP Officer Kevin Pearlstein said in a statement. The Hyundai traveled off the right shoulder of the road and struck some rocks before crashing into a tree, trapping the woman inside, according to Pearlstein.
The woman, a Ramona resident, died at the scene. Her name was withheld pending family notification.
- Authorities release name of woman killed on San Vicente Road
- Ramona woman killed in Lakeside crash
- Four killed in three-vehicle crash on SR-67
- Ramona man killed in single-vehicle collision
- Minor injuries reported in vehicle hits tree accident on San Vicente Road
Short URL: http://www.ramonasentinel.com/?p=26542