CHP reopens SR-78 after semi overturns
Aug. 16, 9 a.m. — California Highway Patrol reports that it released the sig alert for State Route 78 between Weekend Villa Road and San Pasqual Academy at 9 a.m., following an accident involving an overturned semi truck that occurred around 4:20 a.m. Friday.
Traffic on SR-78 will be diverted to one lane with one-way traffic control in the area where repairs and cleanup are being conducted, which is between the San Pasqual Academy and Oroso Guejito Road, according to officials.
The semi that went over the side of the road, taking out several feet of guardrail, has been uprighted but debris is still in the roadway, reported CHP. Around 7 a.m., CHP estimated total cleanup of the area would take five hours.
The accident forced a major road closure in the San Pasqual Valley area just in time for the morning commute.
No injuries were immediately reported.
- SUV overturns at San Vicente Road and 11th Street
- Driver flees scene after early morning head-on
- Motorcyclist killed in SR-78 crash Aug. 4 identified
- Motorcyclist dies in SR-78 crash Sunday
- Elderly driver injured when vehicle strikes traffic signal pole
Short URL: http://www.ramonasentinel.com/?p=26385