Liam “the Lionheart” Houck gets kidney from Mom
Liam Houck, the Ramona toddler who captured the community’s heart two years ago and was the focus of fundraisers for his medical needs, is recovering from a kidney transplant he had on Tuesday, Aug. 6.
The 3-year-old son of U.S. Marine Capt. Reid Houck and Vanessa Houck received a kidney from his mother. The surgery was performed at UCLA Medical Center.
According to a facebook page about Liam, www.facebook.com/pages/Liam-the-Lionheart/214803728615870, the surgery went well, although on Sunday he was put on isolation while doctors ran tests to determine why he was experiencing diarrhea.
Liam was born with Eagle Barrett’s Syndrome, also known as Prune Belly Syndrome, a rare condition that causes renal failure. Since late 2010, Liam has been on dialysis.
- Fundraising continues for toddler needing kidney transplant
- Community exceeds goal to help Baby Liam
- Ramonans rally to help toddler needing kidney transplant
- Ramonans plan Liam’s Festival for Life concert
- Concert benefits toddler needing kidney transplant
Short URL: http://www.ramonasentinel.com/?p=26229