YANA, health apps among topics at CERT meeting
Representatives of the Sheriff’s Senior Volunteer Patrol will discuss the You Are Not Alone (YANA) program when the Ramona Community Emergency Response Team (CERT) meets at 7 p.m. on Wednesday, Aug. 7. Also at the meeting, Naomi Broering of Pacific College of Oriental Medicine will present various mobile applications, or apps (for smartphones, tablet computers and other mobile devices) useful for sharing or accessing health information for first responders, disaster workers and healthcare professionals utilizing the resources of the National Library of Medicine.
The YANA training will include information about the health and safety of senior citizens in the Ramona area. It will identify how CERT interfaces with YANA constituents. The meeting is free and open to the public. Persons planning to attend are advised to arrive early to obtain a seat.
Ramona CERT training classes have shifted to the first Wednesday of each month in Ramona Library Community Room, 1275 Main St.
- Acupuncture, Oriental medicine among topics of Valley Club luncheon
- Health center provides free dental screenings, varnish treatments, flu shots through December
- Palomar Health offers health education classes, screenings
- CERT receives fire department accolades
- Graffiti and gang awareness are topics of Jan. 27 meeting
Short URL: http://www.ramonasentinel.com/?p=26037