Blue Angels select former Miss Ramona for 2014 team
Navy Lt. j.g. (junior grade) Amber Lynn (Scott) Daniel, a former Miss Ramona, is the public affairs officer for the 2014 U.S. Navy Flight Demonstration Squadron, the Blue Angels.
The 32-year-old Daniel is the daughter of John and Lorrie Scott of Ramona. She was crowned Miss Ramona in 1999, the same year she graduated from Julian High School, and is a 2004 graduate of Southern Oregon University.
Daniel is assigned to the Navy Office of Diversity and Inclusion in Washington, D.C. where she and her husband live.
Each year Navy and Marine Corps officers submit applications to join the Blue Angels, which select finalists to interview at their home base at Naval Air Station, Pensacola, Fla., during the week of the Pensacola Beach Air Show.
The mission of the Blue Angels is to enhance Navy recruiting and represent Navy and Marine Corps aviation to the United States and other countries as international ambassadors of good will. Since its inception in 1946, the Blue Angels have performed for more than 484 million fans.
- MCAS Miramar Air Show showcases Blue Angels, Golden Knights
- Miss Ramona Pageant has a new director, new direction
- Judges pick Kilyaahwii Linton as Miss Ramona and Chersten Sandvik as Teen Miss Ramona
- Call out for Miss Ramona candidates
- Brianna Abarca crowned Miss Ramona 2013; Shannon Singleton is Teen Miss Ramona
Short URL: http://www.ramonasentinel.com/?p=25988