Ramona teen crushes state powerlifting records
Jack Marks, a 145-pound 15-year-old from Ramona, broke four state records at the USA Powerlifting California State Games on Saturday, July 13.
Lifting in the 148-pound class, he squatted 264.5 pounds and beat his previous state record by 30 pounds; bench pressed 148.5 pounds, setting a new state record by five pounds; and he deadlifted 303 pounds, which was 40 pounds over the previous record. His total of 716 — total weight of his three lifts for the day — is 95 pounds over the previous state record, according to Ramona’s CrossFit Brand X, where he trains.
- Team CrossFit Brand X takes 15th at SoCal Regionals
- CrossFit Brand X sends team to compete at Del Mar Fairgrounds
- Teen competition benefits infant swim program
- Boys swim sets six school records, takes seventh in CIF meet
- Stimulus money to help state with Medicaid records
Short URL: http://www.ramonasentinel.com/?p=25513