Ramona Village Center plan available for public review
The final draft of the Ramona Village Center Form Based Code, a plan developed by the Ramona Village Design Group with a consultant and county staff, is available for public review.
To view it, go to sdcounty.ca.gov/pds/ordamend.html and click “Ramona Form Based Code.” The 30-day public review began July 5 and will end Aug. 2.
Unlike traditional zoning, which separates land uses and regulates individual uses on a property, a form based code de-emphasizes uses and puts greater emphasis on regulating building appearances within given neighborhoods, according to the county.
The draft codes introduce new zoning/design criteria to encourage and promote village character in the town center area from Etcheverry Road to Third Street. The Ramona Village Center document is expected to go to the county Board of Supervisors this year for approval.
- Village Design Group continues to meet on town plan
- Village core plan receives unanimous approval
- Sign code hard to enforce, says design review board
- Village design group sets workshop dates
- Village design group ‘blasts through’ form-based zoning
Short URL: http://www.ramonasentinel.com/?p=25418