Charity golf tournament to raise funds for Vietnam vet
The Jim Rhodehamel Charity Golf Tournament, scheduled for noon July 26 at Mt. Woodson Golf Club, has been organized to raise both healthy heart awareness and funds to assist the tournament’s namesake who is a decorated Vietnam veteran.
Rhodehamel, who served 12 years in the Navy and is a fourth-generation San Diegan, underwent open heart surgery just over six months ago. He is currently in the second phase of rehabilitation.
In addition to serving the U.S., Rhodehamel, raised two children, Angela and Jason.
“My dad owned his own business and was an entrepreneur, but he was a dad first. He always had time to play catch, take us to the park and be a great dad,” said Jason Rhodehamel.
The tournament format is a four-person scramble. The $75 per golfer fee includes golf, food, a post-tournament banquet and prizes. Hole sponsorships are available for $100 and donations for a silent auction and prizes are welcome.
For information, reservations, or to make a donation call Jason Rhodehamel at 619-905-3452 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Sponsors, players needed for Pop Warner golf tournament
- Bulldog girls soccer to host golf tournament fundraiser on Jan. 26
- Ramona Relay for Life invites golfers to play in Aug. 2 tournament
- RHS Grad Nite Golf Tournament
- McGinnis Memorial golf tournament to benefit vocational programs, students
Short URL: http://www.ramonasentinel.com/?p=25406