Trial set for two charged in Ramona drug raid
A July 8 trial date is set for two Ramona residents charged with possessing methamphetamine and other drugs seized in a raid by sheriff’s deputies.
Thomas Christopher Martinez, 44, and Angelina Marcia Ruiz, 35, pleaded not guilty in El Cajon Superior Court.
A sheriff’s SWAT team served a search warrant in the 700 block of F Street around 6 a.m. on May 2 and set off a flash bang to distract the occupants.
They are charged with possessing methadone for sale, possession of methamphetamine, unlawful possession of tranquilizers and another drug, and with being under the influence of meth.
Martinez has a prior criminal record for robbery in 2008. Both remain in jail on $25,000 bail.
- Hearing postponed in Ramona High School drug sting case
- 18-year-old pleads guilty in drug sting at Ramona High
- Three charged with cultivating marijuana in Ramona plead not guilty
- Narcotics investigation results in nine arrests
- Second-time drug offenders plead guilty
Short URL: http://www.ramonasentinel.com/?p=25021