Caltrans to temporarily close two I-8 connector ramps early Saturday
Caltrans crews will close the connector ramps from eastbound Interstate 8 (I-8) to northbound State Route 67 (SR-67) and from SR-125 to eastbound I-8 on Saturday morning, between 3 and 5:30 a.m. for electrical work.
The detour for eastbound I-8 travelers is to continue eastbound and take the Mollison Avenue exit, turn left under the freeway, then take westbound I-8 to northbound SR-67.
Motorists on southbound SR-125 can access eastbound I-8 by taking westbound I-8 to Jackson Drive south and go under the freeway, then left on Grossmont Boulevard and left on La Mesa Boulevard to the on-ramp to eastbound I-8.
The state transportation agency reminds motorists to slow down and safely move over a lane when Caltrans or other emergency vehicles are displaying flashing amber lights.
“It’s the law!” says Caltrans.
For timely information about freeway and state highway closures and other transportation issues in the region, follow @SDCaltrans on Twitter.
- Westbound SR-78 connector to southbound I-15 closed early Saturday morning
- Various freeway connector ramps closed for maintenance this weekend
- SR-67 connector to eastbound I-8/Magnolia Avenue to close for 5 hours Saturday morning
- Caltrans to close southbound SR-67 connector to eastbound I-8 Saturday morning
- Caltrans to close Route 67 for interchange work tonight
Short URL: http://www.ramonasentinel.com/?p=24683