Unlicensed driver causes three-vehicle accident at SR-78 and Third Street
A Ramona male in his early 20s was cited for driving without a license after causing a three-vehicle accident at State Route 78 and Third Street at 3:37 p.m. Thursday, said California Highway Patrol.
The male was traveling in a silver Honda car west on SR-78 and thought he had enough time to make a left turn onto Third Street as an eastbound gold Toyota SUV was approaching, said CHP Officer Jeff Christy. The SUV collided with the Honda and that pushed the car against a white Chevrolet Silverado truck that was stopped on Third Street with the driver waiting to make a right turn, said Christy.
Seven people were involved in the accident — all wearing seatbelts — and the only injury was to the unlicensed driver who was treated at the site for a laceration above his eye, said the officer. Alcohol is not suspected.
- Two accidents occur Wednesday night near Main and 14th Streets
- San Vicente Road reopened after three-vehicle accident
- Failure to yield triggers two-vehicle accident at 10th and H in Ramona
- Driver veers off Route 78 curve, truck hits tree
- Three-vehicle collision sends three people to hospital
Short URL: http://www.ramonasentinel.com/?p=24700